Whilst wrapping my Christmas gifts the other day I had to pick off a sticky label, as you do. Unfortunately, a bit stuck under my thumbnail and so my natural instinct was to bite it out. What I didn’t expect was to receive a caustic burn to my mouth and tongue from the glue used on the tag! I ran to the sink and doused my mouth in water but it had already swollen up to the size of Bubba Gump and ulcerated the entire area. Absolute agony!
If this was not bad enough, I contacted the homeware shop I had bought it from and they were less than sympathetic, telling me that labels should not be eaten. I’m actually well aware not to eat labels however I didn’t expect to receive a caustic burn from its residue! Grrrrrrr